Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm Thankful for Moments Like These

Joe-Henry: WHY can't I have a tv in my room?
Me: Because I want you to grow up smart. So you could be president, or an astronaut...
Joe-Henry: I just wanna grow up to be a guy who plays video games. (pause) And drives a bus.
Me: aim a little higher, please
Joe-Henry: Don't worry mom. I won't be a hillbilly in a tank top.

Who needs Hallmark, when I've got this kid?

Feeling thankful for conversation and communication. I think I'll make a turkey to celebrate!

6 comments:

suttonhoo said...

love love love.

all of youse.

happy thanksgiving, you beautiful mcqs, you.

I, Rodius said...

He won't be a hillbilly in a tank top, but I bet he could play one on TV. Happy Thanksgiving, and a great holiday season to you all!

Alycia said...

pmsl

Robin Amos Kahn said...

You've just got to love this kid.

Lisa L said...

he is so funny! 'hillbilly in a tank top?' omg...lol did you know that tank tops on men are commonly known as 'wife beaters?' I was stunned when my son told me that..

lee woo said...

Be thankful for all you have, because you never know what happen next. See the link below for more info.


#thankful
www.ufgop.org