Monday, December 28, 2009

Redo

Woke up this morning feeling less shaky about the past days events. My son is in a better mood today too. I let him have unlimited time on the Wii yesterday, just as sort of an experiment. Yeah, it turned out like you'd think. A horrible temper tantrum, and an early bedtime.

He woke up very snuggly this morning, and today there are rules to butt up against, so I think he feels better. Also, he gets to have a friend over today (one that I totally approve of and adore), so I think that sunshine out there is trying to tell me something.

As I said in my post yesterday: feelings are not facts. They come and go. Today is a new day, and I'm keeping this person in my thoughts, feeling less judgmental and more gentle. Hoping she finds the kind of love and support she needs in her real life.

Because as messy and fighty and boring as it can be, nothing beats real life.

1 comment:

Alycia said...

It didn't sound like a nice thing to read/go through. I'm glad you're feeling a little less shaky. It would be very spinny I think.

May the rest of your Christmas break go along splendidly - and may JH remain a charming little man! I surely don't mean charming in the sarcastic sense either!