Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Wishes


"Twas the night before Christmas....

WAIT! It's the NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS?!!! WTF!!! How did THAT happen? SHIT! I have more to do! Shopping, cleaning, especially cleaning, cooking, baking....

DANG IT.

Okay, AnnieMcQ, breathe...just...breathe....lay down and rest your hands on your belly, and watch them rise and fall with each relaxed breath....

FAWCK! FAWCK, FAWCK, FAAWWWWWCKKKKKKK!

There, that's better. Ah, now that I've headed off my stroke, I'd like to pull a few gifts out of my bag for each of you, my lovely, loyal readers. The one's who comment, anyway!

For Suttonhoo: I do believe you have already received the best gift you could have ever wished for, but I still have a a couple stocking stuffers for you. May you spend more time travelling for play and less time travelling for work. May you have time and energy to put forth the creative efforts you need for your own personal artistic pursuits. Hugs and Kisses, my dear friend.

For Franklin: Ah, my sweet twin sister of a different mother! A kiss on both cheeks for you! I wish you, selfishly, a bit more mommy time, so that you might blog enough to keep me entertained. I also wish to silence your inner editor, so that you might more freely share with us, without worrying if it's "good enough". I've turned mine completely off, and.. wait, maybe that's not the best example. Um, I don't know, ask Suttonhoo how she does it. She posts all the time and always sounds brilliant. Love you, friend!

For Tracey: I wish you time and a calm center. To make the tough decisions you need to make about getting your MSW. I wish you a year free of guilt brought on by things you should or shouldn't do for your family, and the clear knowledge that by just being who you are, you are setting a brilliant, loving example to your gorgeous children. I also wish for you more nights with the Dallas Posse, and hopes that I might join you one of these days....

For Lola: Mz. Bola, I wish you spectacular light in your apartment, I wish you a forever honeymoon with your wonderful new husband. I wish you students who make you laugh, and artistic fulfillment. Go Canada!

For Rodius: I wish you a good, solid nights sleep, and a date with the Mrs. I wish you memories of this first year with Thumper that will make your eyes moist for years to come.

For Purelight: I wish you more visits with your new grandson, and of course many happy times with your family, and open communication with your other visitors! May they guide you to great new lights!

For Ambernator: Aside from wishing you a good nights sleep (see above), I wish you a strong back for when Isaac starts walking, I wish you big sloppy baby kisses and good health all year. Squeeze that sweet little guy from his great Auntie!

For Debby: I wish you an easy delivery, and much much joy as you bring two more beautiful babies into this world.

For Kari: I wish you an easy move to LA, and a job writing for your favorite show. Or even not your favorite show. A job writing and getting paid for writing. And as soon as you get there, take a hike in Runyon Canyon for me. You'll be amazed at what you see.

For Donna: I wish you continued good humor, and time enough to enjoy the fruits of your labor and your family.

For my newest reader, Stutopian: I wish you clarity and peace and an open, fearless heart. And while we're at it, strength and a continued sense of humor.

And for my husband (who never comments, but still reads faithfully): You know what I wish for you, Hotstuff. I got plans for you. Oh, and some mushy stuff too. I'll whisper it in your ear later when I'm doing that thing that gets you all hot and bothered.

As for those of you I've forgotten to mention due to my limited brain capacity, and those of you who stop by and read but don't comment because you might be afraid that I'm slightly unbalanced and might stalk you (wise, wise people)....

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, dear friends, one and all!

13 comments:

Stutopian said...

Anne if we only had 5 more of you I think we could fix the world o<|8)

Donna said...

LALALALALALALA, not listening to all that kissykissyhusbandwifeyxrated stuff!!!!

But thanks for the mention earlier on!

Santa's break and bake cookies are cooling on the stove and I am deliberating the best way to make the "reindeer food" disappear. Christmas morning will no doubt be occupied by the Mighty Hunter demanding that the kids give him a turn with the spankin' new Wii!

And please stop sending the snow this way. Eleven inches was MORE than enough. White Christmas my *ss!

Have a bright and shiny Christmas with lots of hugs!

Claire Thompson said...

Merry, merry christmas Annie. I am in the same boat, lots of cleaning and wrapping left to do, maybe the cleaning will have to wait!!

I, Rodius said...

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and J-H and the Hubby, and I wish you the peace of knowing it doesn't really matter if you get it all done or not. Thanks for finding my blog this year, and leading some of your readers to it. It's been a great year! I hope the next one's even better, for all of us!

PureLight said...

Again, I am honored to be mentioned, thank you. Wishing you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and may you continue to share the wisdom of Joe Henry with us all.

suttonhoo said...

what a beautiful xmas meltdown -- thank you for the gifts, sweet girl.

thank you thank you thank you.

and merry christmas to you and your beautiful tribe.

it really is a wonderful life. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU my sweet Anniemcq. I'm working on that calm center. And the cute kids take care of themselves.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and may you have a wonderful 2008. Perhaps if we don't meet up in person, we can at least make PLANS for a meeting of you, me and Franklin.

Lisa L said...

Merry Christmas Anniemcq! I love reading your blog - I'll try to comment more often. I hope you and your's have a great day..its only 10am here in Hawaii - not sure where you are on the Mainland, but wherever it is you're celebrating? Have fun! Lis

Donna said...

Welp, 9:30 central and I'm the only one still kickin'. We are all tuckered out from playing with the Wii. And I am happy to say the Mighty Hunter pulled a fast one on me after we had decided no big gifts (on account of that whole dishwasher dying thing). He pulled me aside Christmas Eve after the kids were in bed and handed me a rather heavy box--a box that contained a new Canon Digital Rebel XTi! Holy negatives Batman!!! The sucker did not breathe a word of it, just plucked up his courage and bought it. Then he wanted to know why I was crying....

Hope you guys had a marvelous day and JH was properly infused with the joy and wonder of Christmas. We still have one more celebration to go on Friday assuming the snow isn't covering the garage door by then. Enjoy your days off school and enjoy the thought of going back again. Sit around in your jammies and drink cocoa and play games (we got Yahtzee!).

Merry, merry Christmas!

karigee said...

Happy holidays to you! And many thanks for a daily smile -- you are one of the kindest, most generous people I've ever not met, and I'm so grateful we could find each other through a common friend. Best wishes, take care, happy, happy...

Debbie said...

Thank you thank you thank you for thinking of me and these wee little ones about to come!! Merry Christmas!!! You really made me tear up a bit just seeing that you thought of me!!

And I think you would be a wonderful addition to our Dallas Posse. Please come down and we will all show you the town!!!! Or I will at least join in on the planning with Franklin and Tracey and hope that the pipe dreams do come true!! You really need to come down and see multiple sets of twins right? Mine and Franklin's should do. Case study?????

mrsf5 said...

Darling Annie: I've been so caught up in my own pre-Christmas panic attack (which is, I'm sorry to say, still coming in waves, as we head to south Texas for our fourth official celebration of the holiday in as many days) that I haven't been making my bloggy rounds, so missed this gorgeous shout-out.

I still have absolutely no idea how we originally crossed paths, but I can in no way imagine my wee world, real or virtual, without your wonderful words and wisdom.

Merry Christmas to you and your fabulous family, and let's please make a new year's pledge that we'll forge some sort of get-together and, at long last, initiate you into the Posse.

Big love,
Amy

Lolabola* said...

hahahahaha! Donna, your first comment is exactly what I was going to write.

thanks annie. hope it was a great holiday for you guys and a fab 2008 to your family.