Friday, May 8, 2009

I Am Game

When I started blogging, it was as a creative outlet, and also a way to connect. We had just moved to a new town, and the only people I knew were my family. I LOVE my family, but I really missed my mom friends. I missed connecting over coffee or a glass of wine, and sharing tales of woe (or joy) from the parenting trenches, comparing notes. I missed laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

The blog was pretty lonely at first. And even now, three years later, I'm lucky if I get a few comments on a post. I don't do it for money ("that's what SHE said" ba dump bump), but I feel rich anyway, because I've come to think of the few people who regularly comment here as friends.

This weekend I am going to meet a good portion of you in real life. I'm nervous and giddy and, well, nervous. What if, what if, what if? I'm about to find out, aren't I?

Mostly, I'm just thrilled for the adventure, thankful to my hubby for arranging it all behind my back, and so looking forward to a weekend spent hanging with the Posse, and going out solo on a little adventure of my own.

This is taken from Kari's blog, another friend I've never met, but surely will one day. It's been running through my head for the last two days, and I've come to think of it as my theme song for the upcoming weekend.

Here we go - I am game.

5 comments:

*Lissa* said...

I am so excited for you! Have fun, girl!

Alycia said...

You are game! But to meet people you've never met before, and for them to know so much about your life, and you theirs? Absolutely fantastically rewarding!!!

Kirsten said...

I'd say I hope you have a fantastic time, but I know you'll have a fantastic time. Enjoy your weekend!!

Lisa L said...

Have a wonderful time! How could you NOT with the posse!

Anonymous said...

Loved you to pieces, and so glad you came out.