Thursday, October 16, 2008

The "Health of the Mother"

John, there is no "pro-abortion" movement. Abortion is a difficult, awful, painful solution. And everyone who physically endures the procedure has a uterus. And for those of us who fervently support Roe v. Wade, it is the "Health" of the mother we are concerned with. Luckily for us, not everyone who supports Roe v. Wade has a uterus.

Not having access to a safe, legal abortion (which is what John McCain wants - he wishes to overturn Roe v. Wade) is why these women and countless others have died.

That he put the "health of the mother" in airquotes, with such a sneer, has guaranteed that he will not get my vote.

Because I have a uterus. And I vote.

9 comments:

karigee said...

I can't even tell you how insulted I am by this. The pro-abortion movement? What a foolish, condescending, jackassy thing to say--especially by someone who will never have to make that choice.

suttonhoo said...

** silent simmering consent **

I'm so mad I'm afraid to open my mouth anymore. venom and bile: that's what this guy stirs up in me.

mrsf5 said...

This one comment... this one moment of pure disdain and unfiltered condescension... left me shaking in anger for a good hour afterward. Still shaky.

Dorky confession: I love big election years. I love the energy, the passion, the process, the pomp and the circumstance.

But this one moment, in which McCain dropped his guard? Filled me with HATE and fatigue and sorrow. I'm ready for this shit to be over with, now. Come on, November 5th.

Anonymous said...

Love this. Linking this.

Erin said...

Wonderfully said. Nothing frustrates me more than the term "pro-abortion," because seriously? Who LIKES abortion? I don't like abortion, but I sure as hell like the right to choose.

Vodka Mom said...

very, very well said. I think I'm voting for YOU.

anniemcq said...

Thanks all. Nice to know I didn't imagine that contempt.

And Vodka Mom: No thanks! Not a job I'm qualified for. Give that vote to Obama!

The Nanny said...

I watched the debate with about 10 other college girls and 7-8 college boys. We ALL threw things at the TV when he said/did that. I love being in a liberal state.

bernthis said...

Pro abortion? What the fuck is that? Does that make him Pro-War? This man is an insult to every other wonderful man out there that supports the right of a woman to choose what to do with her body.