Thursday, October 23, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

At JH's parent-teacher conference today, we were wrapping up, and he said "Can I say something? I just wanted to say that I love my school and I'm so thankful that I have teachers and friends who really care about me and how I'm doing. I feel like people here really support me and it feels so good to come here every day."

Writing it down, I'm not doing it justice. I realize he sounds a little like Eddie Haskell, but I assure you, he wasn't kissing up. Just being honest.

His teacher completely welled up, and on our way out she took me aside and apologized. "I've never done that before!"

Proud to bursting and counting my lucky stars.

And I know there is still time for him to turn into a sociopath. Or a teenager.

So I'm cherishing this moment.

3 comments:

karigee said...

Sing it, baby! Sing it to the stars. And know that it's not luck so much as care.

Anonymous said...

Hey, if my parent teacher conference went that well, I'd blog it too.

Notice I did NOT blog my parent teacher conferences.

Kirsten said...

What awesome men you have in your life! Enjoy it! Relish it! Roll around in it if you must! Sweet boys and sexy, bald, kilt-wearing me in your life - aren't you a lucky woman!