Friday, October 3, 2008

We Don't Need Leaders Who Wink At Us

I have no debate transcript this morning, because JH wasn't here for the whole thing, and my brother came over to watch, and what I did happen to tweet was merely for the sake of of blowing off steam, so there is a LOT of cussing.

I will only say this: if America falls for her adorable act, I will be ashamed of my country.

Aside from the fact that she pulled the cutesie-poo thing when she got stuck in a bind, aside from the fact that she couldn't say the word "Gay", aside from the fact that she came across like Yosemite Sam's adorable kid sister, aside from the fact that she WINKED AT AMERICA - more than once, aside from the fact that she couldn't say the word "NUCLEAR" (dear God, please not again), aside from the fact that she couldn't seem to keep the "g"s on her words that ended with "ing", aside from the fact that she is VASTLY underqualified to share a stage with Joe Biden, much less the office of Vice President...

The reason Sarah Palin bugged the crap out of me during the debate is this:

She talked down to me. When she addressed the camera, talking to American Families Everywhere, her Little Mommy Sunshine act was an embarrassment to the women who have worked so hard to earn her the opportunity to share the ticket with John McCain.

Joe Biden won hands down. He was statesman-like, he has experience, and class. I got the feeling that he truly felt for the people of America in this crisis, and not only wants to help, to serve, but he has the goods to get it done.

6 comments:

karigee said...

Ya know, I gotta agree there, also.

I don't need to be winked at like I'm a naughty schoolkid, or like I'm in on the joke. This isn't a joke. I need to know that A CANDIDATE FOR VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES is taking this process and this forum seriously by thoughtfully addressing the questions that are being asked. Again she succeeds only in spitting back out what she's been fed.

Amber said...

I watched it (the debate)last night,and the one thing that stood out to me was the fact that she had a hard time staying on topic,as if she was told to only speak about certain things.Hmmmmmmm.

And I also felt dirty because for a second I thought I liked her.

I don't think likability,and aesthetic appeal should qualify someone to hold the office of VP.IMO.

Robin Amos Kahn said...

Amen. I couldn't have said it better. Thanks.

Lisa L said...

Thank you Annie for your summary...I was at work (in Hawaii) so couldn't watch it due to the time change (it was 3pm here)...so I tuned in to MVM's 'live blog' to get an idea of what was going on. And of course, now I've been hearing/seeing clips of the whole thing. I am feeling very, very scared. We (America) are such a laughing stock as it is ...you should hear the Aussies go on and on about Geo. Bush. Oh, and the 'Nuclear' thing....its like nails on the chalkboard for me.

Lolabola* said...

just caught a brief glimpse of it and you summed it up nicely. talked down to me indeed.

suttonhoo said...

(please make her go away.)