...which could happen because I'm getting older every day, and found the lens cap to my camera in my robe pocket the other day after it went missing for a week,
let me just say:
Happy, Happy New Year to you all. Someone on another blog said that 2008 was a test of endurance, and really isn't every year? Let's all shine our happy lights on 2009 and do what we can to make it the best, most meaningful year ever.
Here's my list of resolutions, that I intend to keep. Of course, I always intend to keep them. I don't always succeed, which is why I'm going to make my first resolution this:
1. Forgive myself. I am really great at forgiving others, but not so great at this one, so I'm going to give it a shot.
2. Have More Fun. I am so good at taking things very seriously, so my top resolution is to have more fun, worry less, and treat this short life as more of an adventure and less of a chore to get done.
3. Something that I am already good at is cherishing those I love. But there is always room for improvement, and if I accomplish nothing else on this list, I hope I manage to do right by number 3.
4. Step out of my comfort zone more often. I don't want to jump out of planes or anything, just be better at meeting new people and putting myself in new situations. I did it a few times in '08 and loved the results.
5. Make more art. Somehow. Whether it's theater or photography or painting or writing. Just put more out there.
6. See more art. This should be easy. I just need to leave the house.
7. Keep my desk clean. Yeah, right.
8. Write more letters. Keep the post office around I love to get letters, and I hope to be a better correspondent this year.
9. Plan menus. I am terrible at this. Thus I have gained weight and my family winds up eating chicken nugget taco salad more often than I care to say.
10. Say yes to my son more often. Instead of "in a minute".
I guess I'll start with this last one right now.
So grateful for you all - Happy, Happy New Year, Dear Ones. Dream Big in '09!
Love, love, love,