Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sarah Palin Gave Me Shingles.

Oh, my dears. What a week we've been having! Lots of fun at school for JH, Charley's plugging away at the Genius Bar. He got some new socks at Sock Dreams, so he's a total fashion plate. I started doing reading groups. I have four kids in my group and one of them... well, let's just say I have a newfound respect for teachers who deal with an entire roomful by themselves.

Oh, and I went to the doctor this week because I've been having this strange pain for about a week and a half. It hurts when my son puts his arms around my waist to hug me, and it hurts to sit, and it hurts to wear clothes, and ....

It's shingles. Apparently, it can be brought on by stress, but I say to that: What stress? You can also catch it from someone who has chickenpox (or shingles), which sounds more likely, since I work in a hotbed of germ-infested tinys who continually pick their noses and then wipe it on tables, so that seems more likely. (Not that that, in and of itself, is not stressful).

But wait! Now that I think about it, it could be the stress caused by Sarah Palin. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Not her, per se, but the fact that 50% of responders to an NPR poll think she's qualified to serve as Vice President of the United States. (Would you please, please go take this poll so that we can tip the balance?)

Or it could be the fact that Barack Obama has disappeared from the airwaves, and is now just Twittering away to let us know he's doing town hall meetings. (He's not even mentioning in his Tweets that Sarah Palin gave me shingles.)

Could it be that this upcoming November Election, an election that will bring an end to the absolute cluster-fuck that has been the Bush Administration, might be won by McCain/Palin? Because there are plenty of signs that it might just swing that way. Which means, friends, that we will be going from bad to worse. Well, for some of us, anyway. Except for those that will be taken up in the rapture.

Could it be that my shingles are a sign of pestilence, one foretold in the Bible, along with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Some sure believe it.

But I don't.

8 comments:

suttonhoo said...

think we could invoke the rapture before november? that would make things easier on our party.

heal up, sweetie. hope you're feeling better soon.

karigee said...

Yikes! I'm sorry this horror had to manifest itself in your body, but wish you a quick recovery.

Robin Amos Kahn said...

I wish you a quick recovery too! So far Sarah Palin has given me insomnia, headaches, and a constant feeling of doom. And now she's in NYC, which really pisses me off. Every time I see a big motorcade going by I want to give them the finger, but it might be some nice head of state and that would be rude.

I hope you feel better soon!

I, Rodius said...

I think you'd have more fun if you told people you had herpes zoster rather than shingles.

I also think you should go here:
http://sarahpalinisyournewbicycle.com/
and suggest "Sarah Palin gave you shingles."

Hope you're better soon!

Kirsten said...

Wow she really did give you shingles! Hopefully you'll get some good meds and it will be a short and not so sweet duration!

I'm hanging in there too!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry you have the shingles:(

But what ever you do-don't let your DR give you LYRICA for the pain.Email me&I will tell you why.

Hugs!!:)

Anonymous said...

*sticking fingers in my ears*

lalalalalalalalalalalalalala I don't hear you talking about McCain/Palin possibly winning lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Hugs on the shingles. Hope you feel better soon!

bernthis said...

I have to say, I know EXACTLY how you feel, minus the shingles, thanks so much. I was driving today and out of nowhere felt like I couldn't breathe and I realized I'm so angry that all these women (and men) but for some reason, I feel like the women should know better than to be fooled by this vengeful, deceitful, bully/mean girl. It is frightening that these people really have fallen for her bullshit. I have to stop typing now b/c i'm getting angry, AGAIN.