Sunday, September 14, 2008

This Old Man


This Old Man
Originally uploaded by anniemcq
Our Pould left us this morning. We woke to find he wasn't on our bed. He and Charley would have lovin' every morning, so we knew something was up. We found him under the futon in Charley's office. He was in the corner, and couldn't walk.

He was such a grand old man. We will miss him so much. I'm turning the rest of the blog over to Joe-Henry to tell you what he loves about our Pouldie.

"I love how he goes around my toys, and sometimes knocks them down. And I'm like 'Pouldie'! I love how he sits in shoe boxes when I get new shoes, I love when he tries to crawl in the grocery bags and wiggles his head in it. He's just a really good cat."

We'll miss you so much, sweet old boy.

10 comments:

karigee said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I *hug* you all.

Donna said...

Aww, so sorry your sweetie is gone. Hugs to everybody.

Jen said...

Oh, I'm sorry.

suttonhoo said...

I'm so glad he had such a gracious exit and spared you that horrible trip to the vet's. so glad he stayed close long enough to say goodbye.

expect you'll be feeling his ghost around your ankles for months, sweetie. so so sorry for your loss.

Kirsten said...

Sorry to hear of this. We are animal lovers and when it's their time, it always breaks my heart. How old was she?

Kirsten said...

Okay, sorry. How was SHE?

anniemcq said...

That's okay, Kirsten. Everyone thought Pould was a girl at first, because he was so pretty. He was almost 15 years old. We used to joke that he was a dog in a catsuit because he'd do all kinds of tricks when he was a youngster. When we lived in Hollywood, we used to walk him on a leash.

Robin Amos Kahn said...

I'm so sorry, Annie. I remember Pould so well and I remember the leash. Big hugs...a sad loss, but a good way to go, at home, in his sleep. We should all be so lucky.

Amber said...

I'm so sorry,you guys.Pets are like family,and it is so hard to say good-bye.

Maybe Pouldie&Cosmo will meet in kitty heaven&become friends:)I think they would get along:)

Hugs to all of you:)
Amber,Aaron&Isaac

Lisa L said...

My love to all of you. And may you rest in peace, Pouldie. Thank you for being such a good cat. xo