Monday, November 10, 2008

Laughter, The Best Medicine.

So, last night, I was feeling a little bloated about 8:00 p.m., and by 10:00 had a back ache, and by 11:30 I was in so much pain I couldn't get comfy. The doctor thinks it's a a) kidney infection or b) a kidney stone. The pain was excruciating while lying down, but when I got up and moved around and took a bath it got better. Which meant I slept about an hour last night.

So today I stayed home from work, and slept and caught up on 30 Rock and some Daily Show goodness, and watched my kittens pounce all over each other.

I am so in love with them. They have very distinct personalities, but together we call them Action Kittums! They have a theme song and everything.

It goes like this:

Action Kittums! They're Kittums of Action! Action Kittums - Watch out - here they come!

So this is Bosco - she is the sweet one. She has lots of fun pouncing and can hold her own in a tussle, but she loves the lovin' and has the biggest motorboat purr you ever heard.



She loves to chase things and gets REALLY distracted by her tail. I once watched her chase her own tail for five minutes. She is very curious and loves to look out the window at the birdies.



This is Stripes.



She has two speeds: hyperdrive and off. She wakes up and goes - fast and furious - and I'm convinced that should the curtains decide to attack one day, they will be no match for her.



Both cats are polydactyl, or have an extra thumb on all paws. Which will come in handy when tax time rolls around, or when they need to open the refrigerator in the middle of the night.



And if you need a dose of something that's good for you: how about some kitty lovin'? These little girls, curled up next to you in bed, both motors going? As my dad used to say, "it's good for what ails you!"

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

I could look at them all day. How sweet!

Katie said...

My grandparents had cats with multiple digits - if the mama cat was pregnant (which she frequently was) she would pick up a pencil if you came to close to her and swat it at you. Good to know yours are a little sweeter! :P

karigee said...

Oh, I'm in love. And will be singing their theme song all day! I'll just make up a tune.

suttonhoo said...

such sweetness.

hope you're feeling better soon, ms. anniemcq -- that sounds like no fun at all.

Mommy Mo said...

Do you feel better today? hope all is well and much much better than yesterday.

Your kittens are so cute!

bernthis said...

God I miss my dog. I hope you feel better. I had a hernia a couple of years ago, talk about pain, good Lord.

*Lissa* said...

They are SO dang cute! I love that last photo!

I hope you start feeling better soon!