Friday, August 29, 2008

Barack Obama at Invesco

Goosebumps on my Goosebumps

They are still there, over twelve hours later. I have to laugh at the conservative pundits who are saying things like, "he's too popular" to lead the country. Isn't leading all about inspiring people to follow? Or is it, as it has been for the last eight f*cking years, about saying "I don't really care", or if you want the actual quote:

CHENEY: On the security front, I think there’s a general consensus that we’ve made major progress, that the surge has worked. That’s been a major success.

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

RADDATZ So? You don’t care what the American people think?

CHENEY: No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

Yeah.... well, I think people are pretty tired of these bandits who have laid waste to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and poo-poohed us when we protested their doing so.

No, it's not that he's popular. It's that he's listening to us. And that's something that hasn't happened in eight long years.

Oh, and mom, this is for you: McCain's choice for VP, Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska? While she is young to complement his old, and female, to draw those Democrats who are disappointed about HIllary not winning the nomination, she is firmly anti-choice.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I sure do hope he's going to be as good a president as he seems like he will be.

I'm actually pretty excited to go vote this November:)

And I'm excited for all the great SNL skits to come....lol;)

karigee said...

WOO HOO! YAY!!!