Saturday, August 30, 2008

Here You Go, Little Ladies

Hey, Friends! Guess who's stopped by my little blog? It's John McCain, he has a little present for us!

"Hi Girls! Here's a little something just for you. Too bad about Hillary, but looky here! Isn't this just super news?!



Isn't that just so gosh darned neat that she said Hillary showed "determination and grace" in her campaign? She didn't really mean it when she had said that Hillary was a whiner.

But, Golly girls, just, never mind that. Look at this - she's just plain folks! You like that, right?! A mom, just like you, she's just so used to being busy and productive. Holy Moly, I love her, she's just a breath of fresh Tundra air!



Isn't she adorable?

Okay, ladies, I had better skedaddle. I have big important man business to attend to. Gotta figure out who I'm going to appoint to the Supreme Court so we can get that pesky Roe vs. Wade overturned and that so-called "torture" deal okayed!

Enjoy your new Playmate!


I mean, play mate! Sorry, I got a little distracted there..... It happens a lot at my age! But don't worry, I've got just a Super Duper back up in Sarah "Snow Bunny" Palin to run this country if anything should happen to me. "

Thank you for stopping by, Senator McCain.

This is just WAY too generous of you.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I personally love sarcasm. Thanks for dishing it out in great form!

anne said...

okay, okay, i get it - Ms. Palin may not be the most politically experienced woman to have on a presidential ticket, but it is a WOMAN, for goodness sake, and I am really happy about that.

I think voters will have to do some serious thinking about who they want to elect to the two highest offices in the land. The presidential race just got much more interesting, in my opinion.

anniemcq said...

Anne, yes, it IS a woman. A woman who is anti-choice, against gay marriage, pro-gun and wants to open up the Alaskan wilderness to drilling. If those things don't matter at all to you (and I'm sure you wouldn't be alone on that), and if you want a woman in office simply because she shares your anatomy, then by all means, vote for McCain/Palin.

The very reason I am offended by this is that he picked her SOLELY because he wants to sway voters who were willing to vote for Hillary SOLELY because she has lady parts. She is a prop, not a running mate. It is only to get elected, it is not because it's in the best interest of the country. If he wanted to have an actually viable woman candidate on his ticket, what about Kay Bailey Hutchison, who has served in the Senate for Texas since 1993? Or Olympia Snowe of Maine who has served since 1995?

It is a pat on the head to women everywhere, and if people don't see that, I'll be just as dumbfounded as I was when Bush was elected not once, but dear God, TWICE. Which is to say, there is a good chance that I'll be dumbfounded.

anniemcq said...

PS - Anne, I honestly don't mean to offend you personally, but I just have such a bee in my bonnet about this. For some reason, that I probably should explore in therapy, this choice just pisses me off.

karigee said...

I'm insulted by the implication that any woman will do, just because she's a woman. Why would we lower our standards for the VP spot (or any spot) simply because of gender? Do we need our egos propped up that badly? No: we deserve better than this, both as women and as citizens of this country. But of course I'm so turned off by her right-wing politics that it hardly matters; I'm certainly not the audience they're hoping to convert with this.