Thursday, March 8, 2007

something sweet

Normally, I like to post things about my own child's brilliance, because I'm just living through him due to my own failed career and now he's having to play Natalie Wood to my Rosalind Russell, albeit without stripping his clothes off. At least most of the time.

Today, though, I got an email in my inbox from the wonderful Justin Roberts. If you haven't heard of him, you definitely should. He's an amazing musician. The fact that most of the music he makes is primarily for children is beside the point. I dare you to listen and not get hooked. I myself have confiscated Joe-Henry's copy of Meltdown and play it when I'm cleaning the house because it takes my mind off the fact that, well, I'm cleaning the house. Anyway, he recently had a contest called "you sing the songs", where eager parents record their adorable moppets singing Justin's songs. I say that without a trace of cynicism. This stuff is so damn cute, and makes me so happy, I had to share it with you all. Check this out.

1 comment:

karigee said...

Ah, Natalie Wood! Rosalind Russell! We are simpatico!