Friday, June 13, 2008

Head Song Friday - Here Comes The Sun

I had planned another song for today's HeadSong Friday, but I'm going to save it for awhile. Because when I woke up this morning and looked out the window, this is what I saw.

Blue Sky. Sunshine.

And the birds were singing along.

We've been experiencing something that some have dubbed "Juneuary" up here in the Northwest. It's been gray, and rainy and setting all kinds of records for cold.

So this morning it was time to rise and celebrate, and this song was playing in my head already, so I went searching for a version that would get across the absolute peppiness I felt looking out my window.

Some might think it's a travesty that I didn't use The Beatles version, but I have my reasons. I'll tell you about it sometime. I love that version so much, but well, it takes me down another road, and that's not the road I'm on today.

There's also Nina Simone's version, and while I love her madly, again: not quite peppy enough.

So even though, there isn't an official "video" and it's just the words to the song, I think Sheryl Crow gives this song the zing that I'm feeling this morning. That this could be it: we might get to see some summer, or at least some sunshine after all....
That crazy woman you see skipping down the street in her bare feet and her bathrobe spilling splashing coffee as she goes? That would be me.

2 comments:

karigee said...

Love it. Happy sunshine!

Robin Amos Kahn said...

Hi Annie...just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog and how great it is to hear about your lives! We miss you so much. Loved the photos too...hugs to all of you, I hope we can see you one of the days.

xx robin