Sunday, June 8, 2008

Headsong Sunday: Shed A Little Light

JT is always on my iPod for housecleaning music. This is one of my all time favorites, and I heard it again today and thought of the current democratic political race. I just couldn't wait until next Friday to share it.

"And recognize that there are ties between us - all men and women...
We are bound together in our desire to see the world become a place in which our children can grow free and strong.
We are bound together by the test that stands before us and the road that lies ahead.
We are bound and we are bound."


Amen. Listen up! Peace out!

4 comments:

mrsf5 said...

OH. This is one of my all-time JT favorites, which is saying a LOT.

If you can listen to this (or That Lonesome Road) without getting a single goosebump, then... well, then I don't know WHAT. But it sure ain't good.

anniemcq said...

That Lonesome Road gets me every. single. time. Those harmonies, oh shiver.

He's coming to the Clark County Amphitheater here in the 'Couve on July 24th. Wanna come up and go with us, Franklin?

Lisa L said...

My all time favorite concert...JT..Jackson Mississippi, circa 1981ish. I took my firstborn with me and met friend. There was a girl sitting about 6 rows away from me. She kept yelling out "I LOVE YOU JT!!!!!" He finally stopped. Turned to her. And said "I love you too." She about died. And thankfully, shut up for the rest of the concert.

Anonymous said...

I do the exact same thing with the Ipod & cleaning.. can't clean without some good tunes blasting in my ears!