Friday, June 20, 2008

HeadSong Friday: Vacation

I was never big on the girl groups in the 80's, even though those songs should, like, TOtally take me back to a time when I was young and carefree and didn't have a muffin top above my jeans.

But since my boys are leaving today for SoCal, and I will have the house to myself for 48 hours, when my husband comes home to me (alone) and we will spend the next five days doing what comes naturally (you know, bitching at each other about getting the chores done with occasional bursts of hot monkey love), I woke up this morning with the song playing... no... BLARING in my head.

I'll miss my guys - I know I will. But alone time? Working in my garden without having to find something or cook something or watch something...once a year I think I can handle it.

5 comments:

karigee said...

LOVE the Go-Gos. Happy weekend indeed! Have a glass of wine for me.

Anonymous said...

Love Go-Gos. Even if I thought for years that the chorus of "Our Lips Are Sealed" was actually saying "Mama Cecilles"...like an Italian restuarant. True story.

I cannot WAIT until my kids are old enough to put on an airplane and ship back to Rhode Island for the grandparents by themselves. I figure I've got another couple years. In the meantime, Rich will be taking the kids by himself to RI from Aug 5-10, so I will have the house all to myself. Should make for some interesting blogs...

Amber said...

Have a fabulous 48 hrs by yourself&don't PARTAY too hard...lol;)

suttonhoo said...

guilt free puttering. you go girl.

Aerie said...

Lord, that brings me back...

I took a look at this earlier today and the dang song's been stuck in my head ever since.

I suppose that's better than "shapes are in my cookie jar, triangle, heart and star..."

I should be reading (not blogs, but what I'm currently re-reading - The Fountainhead) or in bed. That sounds good...off to bed.