1. Loved Ellen.
2. Loved Will Farrell & Jack Black & John C. Reilly
3. Helen Mirren looked amazing.
4. What was with Philip Seymor Hoffman's hair?
4.a Celine Dion kind of freaks me out.
5. The triple whammy of Jennifer Hudson & Beyonce followed by the commercial with all the gorgeous women in their underwear prompted my husband to steal a line from my blog. ("Oh Dear God. I've ruined my panties.")
6. While I was cooking dinner, Joe-Henry would call me in urgently, "MOM! There's another pretty girl in a dress!"
7. I LOVED the choir doing the sound effects, and the gospel choir at the beginning.
8. Loved Pilobolus.
9. Loved Forest Whitaker's acceptance speech, but I'm always stymied when winners credit God. I completely respect their belief, but I just wonder if they think God doesn't like the other nominees as much.
10. My favorite speech was by the guy who won for Best Live Action Short. I can't do it justice, find it somewhere. It was really good.
I leave you now, with the little mind movie I took during the last moments of the show:
The television is on. A small family watches the Academy Awards. Father is sitting in the big chair, while mom and child in mismatched pajamas snuggle on the couch. Pan from the television, where Martin Scorses has just won a much deserved Oscar to the child, who is giving his version of an acceptance speech, while snuggled on his mother's lap:
Child: "Thank you to my family and to all the people that are loving. It's nice to be in a family with people who love me......"
Close up on sweet face, rosy cheeks, then pan to mom, eyes moist with tears of happiness.
Mom: "Oh, Sweetie, that was so nice. That's the best speech of the night."
Sound Effect: The sound of child inhaling deeply. Close up of child's nose as seen through two of his toes, then:
Child: "My feet smell like ass."
Fade to black.