Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy Birthday to my fave Minivan Mom

It's Tracey's birthday over at More Than A Minivan Mom, so in her honor, I dug out my old copy of "You Are Your Birthday"

Here's what it says if your birthday falls on July 6th:

You are inclined to question established procedures and respond with an emotional commitment to work your heart out for "the cause". Whatever "the cause" may be, you stay with it until your late years bring you "the effect."

You are impatient. Childhood domestic responsibilities and financial circumstances curb your individuality. You surround yourself with inspirational talkers and group energies which bring out your very generous and very selfish attitudes. Men who relate to your early years, particularly the father, may be too authoritative, secretive or aloof or may not be reliable. Your self-motivation and inventiveness are challenged by youthful experiences, and you will desperately want approval. There is a tendency, as an adult, to allow yourself to be alternately dominated or dominating. A change before age forty opens doors to a fast-paced life-style that encourages you to discover a truer you.

A tranquil marriage, a career that maks a meaningful contribution and deep-seated friendships are high on your list of lifetime goals. Expressive and socially aware people add their interests in music, community welfare, and home improvements to your heavy sense of personal idealism. You enjoy upgrading and maintaining a consistently comfortable atmosphere. You take pride in your background, your family and your personal discrimination. Be tolerant of your opposites.

In later years you would be wise to realize that opposites are the desirable ingredients that provide the necessary grit to encourage change. You keep working. Be expansive and ready to teach and learn. Don't expect everyone to be just like you.

10 comments:

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

WOW!!! That certainly sounds like it applies. Will you do me?

Kimberly said...

Annie McQ you hit the nail on the head!!! I would recognize that as Tracey anywhere. What site did you get that from? I can't wait to see what it says about me.

Hope you're well. I'm trying to catch up with everyones blogs. Have a great weekend.

Kim

suttonhoo said...

cool beans. me next, after jennie.

pretty please. :D

Anonymous said...

Holy. Fuck.

That is me in one perfectly described little vignette.

Seriously, that's eerie. Link to this book/site, por favor.

(and thank you so much for doing that for me for my birthday - that was so cool to read)

anniemcq said...

I'm blogging from the road in Redding, CA, so I don't have the book with me, but here's the url to Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/You-Your-Birthday-Ellin-Dodge/dp/0671610910

But if you can wait a week, I'll be happy to do one for everyone when I get home!

Hope your house sold today, Tracey!

Donna said...

Me too, me too, me too!! Are you home yet, are you home yet, are you home yet?????

Seriously, are you home yet?

;0P

Lolabola* said...

oooh, me too! now you've got yourself into a party trick.

anniemcq said...

Settle down! I won't be home until July 13th, but I will totally send you all your stats! But if you can't wait, you can order it from Amazon: "You are your birthday" by Ellin Dodge.

I love this book - Charley had it when we met, and it is eerily right on. I've never been big on numerology, but I've never had anyone say "that's just not right".

Donna said...

WHAAAAAA! I have to wait until the 13th? No fair! (Insert your favorite pouty face here.) But just in case you get home early, mine is 6/22. :0)

mrsf5 said...

Wow. That is an amazingly accurate assessment of Our Tracey, and a pretty spiffy birthday gift, too. Annie, you rock.

And I'm not just sucking up so you'll type out my birthday horoscope, either. Honest!