Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I'd like to thank the Academy...




The lovely newlywed Lolabola nominated me for this fabulous Rockin' Girl Blogger award.

I don't know which makes me happier - that someone thinks I ROCK, or that someone thinks I'm young enough to be called a girl? Either way, she's a lovely person, whose judgement is clearly rosy because of that honeymoon high she's still on.

Thank you, my dear. you are too kind.

And now, to MY nominations (apparently this little award just comes with the caveat that you have to nominate 5 other bloggers.)

So in no order, here are my nominations:

Franklin, because even though she's on some cicadian posting cycle, she still rocks when she does. She was also one of the first people I didn't know to comment on my blog. She's super witty, incredibly smart, and she makes me laugh so hard I snort coffee out my nose. And she led me to...
More Than A Minivan Mom, who rocks, oh yes she does, on a daily basis. The girl's got soul, and a passion for life that I admire.
Suttonhoo, because even though she was also nominated by Lolabola too, there doesn't seem to be any rule that says I can't nominate her too! Her blog travels - as does she. And someone who travels a lot has interesting things to say. She's also the only one here who is an "in real life" friend, and I consider that to be one of my greatest treasures.
iRodius. I know. He's a guy, but I'm making him an honorary girl for a day. He's a great writer, and one of those funny, sensitive guys, and we all know that needs to be encouraged.
So just in case it chaps your butt that I'm nominating a guy, check this out. My last nomination is for....
Purelight, who just happens to be Rodius' mom. I didn't know that when she first commented on my blog. Her comments always make me smile, and her blog - her blog gives me hope for the person I might be in a few years. Also, did I mention she's Rodius' mom? She's an amazing person, who is interested in life and is just the kind of person I want to be when I grow up.

There's my nominations.
Rock on, people. Rock on.

4 comments:

I, Rodius said...

Thanks! I've never been nominated as a Rockin' Girl before. But when I was much younger, and helping my mother in the kitchen, she told me I'd make someone an excellent wife someday. I'm sure she meant it as a sincere compliment.

I don't think I'll tell my big brother about this, though.

I'm not sure how I missed this post, though. I swear I've been to your site a few times, and never saw this. Same with some posts on Franklin5. How could someone be inept at blog reading? That don't make no sense...

Anonymous said...

Oh. Oh no. Are we supposed to nominate other people when we get nominated for this? I was nominated last week by Mamalaw but I don't think I knew the rules!

I'm such a hopeless loser.

And thank God I,Rodius blogged about this because I missed this post also!

I have my head up my ass lately.

Anonymous said...

As evidenced by commenting and not even saying THANK YOU.

What is WRONG with me?!?!

I'm just a self-absorbed loser who enjoys publicly flogging people. hehe. You gotta laugh, right?

mrsf5 said...

Annie, I can't for the life of me remember how it was that we first crossed (virtual) paths, but I'm, truly, ever grateful for the stroke of serendipity.

As has been duly noted by nearly everyone, I've been a bad blogger (bad blogger! bad!) lately, so I'm thoroughly touched that you a) remembered me and b) had such nice things to say about me. Thank you so much, friend.

I told Tracey that I'm still working on that local restaurant list thingie that was making the rounds a few weeks ago, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be returning this rockin' girl honor to you just as soon as possible.

Because, really: you're THE most rockin' girl I know. I mean, who else can I name who's said "hi" to Steve Martin? Please.